Speaking today on ABC’s “The View,” President Obama insisted that he had “no doubt” that the attack on the Benghazi consulate earlier this month “wasn’t just a mob action” but was a sign of extremism.
Obama went on to say that he found it “interesting, just this past week, there were these massive protests against these extremist militias that are suspected, maybe, of having been involved.”
Tens of thousands did rally in Benghazi on Friday, attacking several bases of different militias, including several that were never even named as suspects, and making off with large amounts of weaponry.
The Obama Administration has had a hard time getting their story straight on Benghazi, initially terming it a “spontaneous” result of a protest gone wrong and later declaring it a “terrorist attack.” Officials say they have no proof for either, so they seem to just be guessing at this point.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Civilians Leave ISIS-Area in Eastern Syria After Evacuation Deal - September 22nd, 2017
- Catalonia Closes Ranks as Outrage over Crackdown Grows - September 22nd, 2017
- Spanish Prosecutors Formally Accuse Catalan Separatists of Sedition - September 22nd, 2017
- Thousands More Spanish Police Arrive for Catalonia Crackdown - September 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Bomb Killed 16 Civilians in Yemen's Capital - September 22nd, 2017