Speaking today on ABC’s “The View,” President Obama insisted that he had “no doubt” that the attack on the Benghazi consulate earlier this month “wasn’t just a mob action” but was a sign of extremism.
Obama went on to say that he found it “interesting, just this past week, there were these massive protests against these extremist militias that are suspected, maybe, of having been involved.”
Tens of thousands did rally in Benghazi on Friday, attacking several bases of different militias, including several that were never even named as suspects, and making off with large amounts of weaponry.
The Obama Administration has had a hard time getting their story straight on Benghazi, initially terming it a “spontaneous” result of a protest gone wrong and later declaring it a “terrorist attack.” Officials say they have no proof for either, so they seem to just be guessing at this point.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Sinai Mosque, at Least 235 Killed - November 24th, 2017
- Afghan Farmers: US Airstrikes on Opium Labs Won't Work - November 23rd, 2017
- Ousted Catalan Ruling Party Backs Off Independence, Seeks Talks - November 23rd, 2017
- Report: Trump Revealed Israeli Operation in Syria to Russian Envoy - November 23rd, 2017
- Calm Returns to Luhansk as Enclave's President Flees to Moscow - November 23rd, 2017