Speaking today on ABC’s “The View,” President Obama insisted that he had “no doubt” that the attack on the Benghazi consulate earlier this month “wasn’t just a mob action” but was a sign of extremism.
Obama went on to say that he found it “interesting, just this past week, there were these massive protests against these extremist militias that are suspected, maybe, of having been involved.”
Tens of thousands did rally in Benghazi on Friday, attacking several bases of different militias, including several that were never even named as suspects, and making off with large amounts of weaponry.
The Obama Administration has had a hard time getting their story straight on Benghazi, initially terming it a “spontaneous” result of a protest gone wrong and later declaring it a “terrorist attack.” Officials say they have no proof for either, so they seem to just be guessing at this point.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Abbas, Haley Trade Barbs Over Peace Process at UN Security Council - February 20th, 2018
- 29 Killed in Afghanistan Attacks - February 20th, 2018
- Russia Confirms Several Dozen Citizens Killed in US Strike - February 20th, 2018
- Syrian Pro-Govt Forces Enter Afrin, Are Attacked by Turkish Military - February 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Wants Extra Time to Spend Massive Cash Influx - February 20th, 2018