Iranian aerospace commander Brig. Gen. Amir Hajizadeh says that he is concerned with the possible consequences of an Israeli attack on his country, saying it would be “unpredictable” how many nations would enter on either side and could “turn into a World War Three.”
“We cannot imagine the Zionist regime starting a war without America’s support,” Hajizadeh added, saying war with Israel almost certainly would also mean war with the United States.
Hajizadeh also warned that Iran wouldn’t totally rule out “preemptive” strikes against Israel, though Iran would not “start any wars” by itself, saying they would only do so “if it was sure that the enemies are putting the final touches to attack.”
Hajizadeh’s position is likely a defense and not offensive command, so he likely doesn’t have any direct say in launching a strike, but his comments could reflect the sentiment in the Iranian military about the oft-threatened Israeli attack.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Prepares for Next Step in North Korea Nuclear Talks - June 18th, 2018
- UAE Demands 'Unconditional' Rebel Pullout From Yemen Port - June 18th, 2018
- Trump Orders Establishment of Space Force, Vows to Dominate Space - June 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Goes on Cyberwar Offensive, Raising Risk of Conflict - June 18th, 2018
- 'Israeli' Airstrikes Hit East Syria Military Site, Scores Killed - June 18th, 2018