According to the nation’s state-run news agency, Syrian troops have found a mass grave with 25 dead bodies in the al-Qadam suburb of Damascus. They said the bodies were handcuffed and blindfolded.
The report said that locals had told the troops about the grave, and said they believed the attack was carried out by some rebel faction, which they called an “armed terrorist group” in keeping with their ongoing term for them.
Both regime and rebels have regularly accused one another of massacring civilians in the ongoing Syrian civil war, with such allegations becoming more frequent as the war gets bloodier.
Fighting around the capital of Damascus has mostly taken place in suburbs, with the rebels operating out of Sunni suburbs while trying to consolidate gains across the rest of the area.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018