25 Bodies Found in Damascus Suburb
According to the nation’s state-run news agency, Syrian troops have found a mass grave with 25 dead bodies in the al-Qadam suburb of Damascus. They said the bodies were handcuffed and blindfolded.
The report said that locals had told the troops about the grave, and said they believed the attack was carried out by some rebel faction, which they called an “armed terrorist group” in keeping with their ongoing term for them.
Both regime and rebels have regularly accused one another of massacring civilians in the ongoing Syrian civil war, with such allegations becoming more frequent as the war gets bloodier.
Fighting around the capital of Damascus has mostly taken place in suburbs, with the rebels operating out of Sunni suburbs while trying to consolidate gains across the rest of the area.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Report: BP to Open Office in Iran Capital - May 5th, 2016
- Israeli Tank Fire Kills Gaza Woman in Worst Clashes Since 2014 - May 5th, 2016
- Most UK Troops Going to Libya for 'Protection' - May 5th, 2016
- ISIS Seizes Key East Syria Gas Field - May 5th, 2016
- Turkey Won't Hold Election as President Consolidates Power - May 5th, 2016