25 Bodies Found in Damascus Suburb
According to the nation’s state-run news agency, Syrian troops have found a mass grave with 25 dead bodies in the al-Qadam suburb of Damascus. They said the bodies were handcuffed and blindfolded.
The report said that locals had told the troops about the grave, and said they believed the attack was carried out by some rebel faction, which they called an “armed terrorist group” in keeping with their ongoing term for them.
Both regime and rebels have regularly accused one another of massacring civilians in the ongoing Syrian civil war, with such allegations becoming more frequent as the war gets bloodier.
Fighting around the capital of Damascus has mostly taken place in suburbs, with the rebels operating out of Sunni suburbs while trying to consolidate gains across the rest of the area.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Leaves Kunduz to Focus on Fighting in Southern Afghanistan - October 13th, 2015
- US Weapons Drops Arming Unvetted Syrian Rebel Factions - October 13th, 2015
- Secretary of Defense: US Ships Will Go Wherever They Want - October 13th, 2015
- Israeli Troops Surround Arab Neighborhoods After Six Killed in 'Day of Rage' - October 13th, 2015
- Amnesty: US-Backed Syrian Kurds Committing War Crimes - October 12th, 2015