25 Bodies Found in Damascus Suburb
According to the nation’s state-run news agency, Syrian troops have found a mass grave with 25 dead bodies in the al-Qadam suburb of Damascus. They said the bodies were handcuffed and blindfolded.
The report said that locals had told the troops about the grave, and said they believed the attack was carried out by some rebel faction, which they called an “armed terrorist group” in keeping with their ongoing term for them.
Both regime and rebels have regularly accused one another of massacring civilians in the ongoing Syrian civil war, with such allegations becoming more frequent as the war gets bloodier.
Fighting around the capital of Damascus has mostly taken place in suburbs, with the rebels operating out of Sunni suburbs while trying to consolidate gains across the rest of the area.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Negotiators: Iran Civilian Nuclear Limits Would Taper Off in Next Decade - February 23rd, 2015
- Israeli Settlement Building Soared 40% in 2014 - February 23rd, 2015
- Officials: US Carried Out Mock Mall Attacks to Test Readiness - February 23rd, 2015
- NSA Director Defends Maintaining Backdoors in Americans' Software - February 23rd, 2015
- Ukraine Won't Abide by Ceasefire Deal's Withdrawal of Heavy Weapons - February 23rd, 2015