Insists It Will Go After Attackers Who Use Their Name
Boko Haram’s leadership has issued a half hour video today in Nigeria issuing a series of demands, including a call for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to resign and convert to Islam. The group also slammed population control initiatives being advanced by the government as unacceptable.
The center of the comments, however, were a blanket denial for several attacks which have killed women and children. The organization acknowledged that such attacks took place but denied anything to do with them.
They explained this by saying the attackers were using their name illegitimately and promised to “go after” those it catches doing so. They insisted the only attacks they carried out were against “those who have offended us, arrested our people and killed them.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Controls Half of Kobani as Peshmerga Arrive - October 29th, 2014
- US, Israeli Relations Hit a New Low - October 29th, 2014
- ISIS Kills 30 Syrian Troops in Latest Push Against Gas Field - October 29th, 2014
- Hagel Affirms Quarantine for All Returning Troops From Ebola Operation - October 29th, 2014
- Egypt Junta Demolishes Sinai Homes for 'Buffer Zone' - October 29th, 2014