Insists It Will Go After Attackers Who Use Their Name
Boko Haram’s leadership has issued a half hour video today in Nigeria issuing a series of demands, including a call for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to resign and convert to Islam. The group also slammed population control initiatives being advanced by the government as unacceptable.
The center of the comments, however, were a blanket denial for several attacks which have killed women and children. The organization acknowledged that such attacks took place but denied anything to do with them.
They explained this by saying the attackers were using their name illegitimately and promised to “go after” those it catches doing so. They insisted the only attacks they carried out were against “those who have offended us, arrested our people and killed them.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Blowback: Attack on Canadian Parliament Leaves Ottawa Stunned - October 22nd, 2014
- More Troops, More Arms: Iraq Pushes US to Expand ISIS War - October 22nd, 2014
- Report: 25 ISIS Killed in US Airstrikes in Central Iraq - October 22nd, 2014
- Livni, Lapid Combine Blocs to Push Israel Back Into Peace Talks - October 22nd, 2014
- Libyan Parliament Pairs Up With Gen. Hifter: Attack Planned on Tripoli - October 22nd, 2014