Insists It Will Go After Attackers Who Use Their Name
Boko Haram’s leadership has issued a half hour video today in Nigeria issuing a series of demands, including a call for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to resign and convert to Islam. The group also slammed population control initiatives being advanced by the government as unacceptable.
The center of the comments, however, were a blanket denial for several attacks which have killed women and children. The organization acknowledged that such attacks took place but denied anything to do with them.
They explained this by saying the attackers were using their name illegitimately and promised to “go after” those it catches doing so. They insisted the only attacks they carried out were against “those who have offended us, arrested our people and killed them.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- 27 Civilians Killed in Overnight Airstrike on Aleppo Hospital - April 28th, 2016
- Kerry: 'I Have Deep Reservations About an All-Volunteer Military' - April 27th, 2016
- Iran President: US Supreme Court Ruling 'Flagrant Theft' - April 27th, 2016
- Kurds, Shi'ite Militias Agree to Withdraw From Northern Iraq Town - April 27th, 2016
- Russia Urges UN Security Council to Blacklist Syrian Islamist Groups - April 27th, 2016