Insists It Will Go After Attackers Who Use Their Name
Boko Haram’s leadership has issued a half hour video today in Nigeria issuing a series of demands, including a call for Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan to resign and convert to Islam. The group also slammed population control initiatives being advanced by the government as unacceptable.
The center of the comments, however, were a blanket denial for several attacks which have killed women and children. The organization acknowledged that such attacks took place but denied anything to do with them.
They explained this by saying the attackers were using their name illegitimately and promised to “go after” those it catches doing so. They insisted the only attacks they carried out were against “those who have offended us, arrested our people and killed them.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Centcom Report Claims Only 14 Civilians Killed in US Strikes Over Past Year - July 28th, 2016
- Syria's Nusra Front Says Cutting Ties With al-Qaeda To Avoid Attacks - July 28th, 2016
- 19 Killed as Local Forces Attack Army in Libya's Benghazi - July 28th, 2016
- US Spy Chief: Too Soon to Blame Russians for DNC Hack - July 28th, 2016
- US Agriculture Secretary: Trump's Russia Comments Could Be a Felony - July 28th, 2016