The Egypt-brokered Gaza truce seems already on its last legs just two days in, with Israeli warplanes continuing to pound sites in the strip, killing two people and wounding dozens of others in two separate raids.
Israeli officials confirmed the strikes, saying that the people were planning to launch rockets at southern Israel. Though it does not appear there were any rockets before the attacks, seven rockets did hit Israel after the attacks, doing no damage.
All indications out of Gaza are that Hamas is continuing to uphold the ceasefire, and that it is a Salafist group with ambitions toward being tied to al-Qaeda that is launching the actual rocket attacks.
Israeli Ambassador to the UN Ron Prosor defended the attacks at the UN today, while condemning the rocket fire, saying Israel would ensure that “it will not be quiet in Gaza” so long as the rockets continue.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Officials Warn Malistan District on the Verge of Collapse - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Overrun West Afghanistan District, Killing 37 Police and Civilians - November 12th, 2018
- Taliban Slaughter Elite Afghan Troops, as 'Safe' District Is Falling - November 12th, 2018
- North Korea Warns US-South Korea Drills Violate Agreement - November 12th, 2018
- IAEA Report Shows Iran Continues to Honor Nuclear Deal - November 12th, 2018