A flurry of complaints have erupted today after the announcement that filmmakers Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal, of “The Hurt Locker” fame, were given access to people involved in the assassination of Osama bin Laden to prepare for there movie about it.
Rep. Peter King (R – NY) railed against the “dangerous collaboration” between the Obama Administration and the two, while others claimed that the move was politically motivated, designed to capitalize on the assassination in the upcoming election.
At particular issue were claims that the two were given access to “the vault” in the CIA, and shown a mock-up of bin Laden’s house, before being given off-the-record interviews with the commander of the “kill team.”
The CIA downplayed the significance of this, with one official saying that they call pretty much everything a “vault” in the CIA, and that in this case it was basically an empty conference room that they’d held some meetings in long before.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018