Panic over prospective homegrown terror threats continues to grow in the US, fueled at least in part by Congressional hearings on the putative menace posed by certain religious minorities. The figures, however, don’t bear them out.
Instead, the number of terror indictments is actually dropping, to the point where they are nearly non-existent: 20 in 2011. Perhaps the most high profile domestic terrorism case of 2011 was a man making an online threat against the creators of South Park. The rest are even less impressive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018