Panic over prospective homegrown terror threats continues to grow in the US, fueled at least in part by Congressional hearings on the putative menace posed by certain religious minorities. The figures, however, don’t bear them out.
Instead, the number of terror indictments is actually dropping, to the point where they are nearly non-existent: 20 in 2011. Perhaps the most high profile domestic terrorism case of 2011 was a man making an online threat against the creators of South Park. The rest are even less impressive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017