Panic over prospective homegrown terror threats continues to grow in the US, fueled at least in part by Congressional hearings on the putative menace posed by certain religious minorities. The figures, however, don’t bear them out.
Instead, the number of terror indictments is actually dropping, to the point where they are nearly non-existent: 20 in 2011. Perhaps the most high profile domestic terrorism case of 2011 was a man making an online threat against the creators of South Park. The rest are even less impressive.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Suicide Bomber Kills Dozens Near Shrine in Afghan Capital - March 21st, 2018
- US-South Korea Spring War Games to Be Scaled Back This Year - March 21st, 2018
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018