An American public-relations agency, Racepoint Group, has been providing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of services to the autocratic Rwandan government as a propaganda arm. Racepoint Group engages in a media campaigns consisting of white-washed self-promotion and trying to discredit the legitimate criticisms from journalists and rights groups. The same firm was successful in polishing the image of the Libyan dictator Muammar Gadhafi.
The chairman of Racepoint’s holding company, W2 Group Inc., Larry Weber said he has “disdain” for anyone who thinks it is morally questionable for him to be promoting Rwanda’s rulers.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013