The Obama administration has announced a new defense strategy for the country based on slightly slimmer armed forces, more drones and special ops, and a renewed focus on Asia-Pacific due to China’s supposed military build-up. The problem is that the United States never really dropped its focus on Asia-Pacific, spending decades building up military and naval presence throughout the region. Additionally, the U.S. government’s own assessments show that China is nowhere close to matching America’s military capacities or challenging the U.S. power.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013