With the war in Iraq officially over (again), David Hickman, a member of the 82nd Airborne Division, stands as the “last” fatality of the conflict, killed just north of Baghdad last month. Hickman’s death brings the US military’s toll to 4,483 throughout the nine year occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Hypes Taliban Body Counts to Try to Sell White House on Afghan War - September 20th, 2018
- South Yemen Separatists Vow to Continue Offensive Against Hodeidah Port - September 20th, 2018
- Kim, Moon End Inter-Korean Summit at Peak of Sacred North Korea Volcano - September 20th, 2018
- Kim Seeks Second Trump Summit to Speed Denuclearization - September 20th, 2018
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018