The New York Times is reporting on how the US strategy of open-ended detention of terror suspects has created a broad collection of different prisons across the United States. Anyone from captured detainees in Pakistan to paintball enthusiasts in Virginia have found themselves part of this costly detention system.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Koreas' Olympic Détente Upends US Strategy - January 17th, 2018
- Saudis Transfer $2 Billion to Prop Up Yemeni Allies' Currency - January 17th, 2018
- World Economic Forum Survey Sees More War in 2018 - January 17th, 2018
- Syrian Kurds Urge UN Action to Prevent Turkish Invasion - January 17th, 2018
- Turkey Says Will Attack Unless US Withdraws Support for Syrian Kurds - January 17th, 2018