Wounded in 2004, Army specialist Mike Helms’ struggles to obtain proper treatment for his injuries and the PTSD he suffered afterwards turned him to whistle-blowing, reporting on his shabby treatment to Congress, to major newspapers, even taken his case to the White House.
Of course its no real secret that the US military doesn’t take kindly to people reporting on their nominally secret shortcomings, and the Inspector General is now reporting that the Army took revenge against Helms, first revoking his security clearance then suspending him definitely without pay. Finally, in November 2009, they fired him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Awash in US Arms, Vehicles, Complicate Afghan War - July 25th, 2017
- Blockading States Expand Qatar 'Terror' Blacklist - July 25th, 2017
- US SOCOM Chief Claims 60,000 to 70,000 ISIS Fighters Killed so Far - July 25th, 2017
- Trump Pledges Support for Lebanon's Anti-ISIS Push - July 25th, 2017
- Video Shows Six Minute Gunbattle in Which Jordan Guard Killed US Troops - July 25th, 2017