Wounded in 2004, Army specialist Mike Helms’ struggles to obtain proper treatment for his injuries and the PTSD he suffered afterwards turned him to whistle-blowing, reporting on his shabby treatment to Congress, to major newspapers, even taken his case to the White House.
Of course its no real secret that the US military doesn’t take kindly to people reporting on their nominally secret shortcomings, and the Inspector General is now reporting that the Army took revenge against Helms, first revoking his security clearance then suspending him definitely without pay. Finally, in November 2009, they fired him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Kurds Confirm Deal for Syrian Army to Join Afrin Battle Against Turkey - February 18th, 2018
- Pro-Saudi Forces Attack Yemeni al-Qaeda Region, Dozens Killed - February 18th, 2018
- Waving Drone Debris, Netanyahu Threatens to Attack Iran - February 18th, 2018
- Israeli Warplanes Pound Gaza After Border Bombing - February 18th, 2018
- Netanyahu Tells UN Chief That Golan Is Forever Israel's - February 16th, 2018