Wounded in 2004, Army specialist Mike Helms’ struggles to obtain proper treatment for his injuries and the PTSD he suffered afterwards turned him to whistle-blowing, reporting on his shabby treatment to Congress, to major newspapers, even taken his case to the White House.
Of course its no real secret that the US military doesn’t take kindly to people reporting on their nominally secret shortcomings, and the Inspector General is now reporting that the Army took revenge against Helms, first revoking his security clearance then suspending him definitely without pay. Finally, in November 2009, they fired him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Official: US Takes North Korean Pacific H-Bomb Test Seriously - September 22nd, 2017
- Israeli Warplanes Attack Damascus Airport - September 22nd, 2017
- New US Sanctions Target North Korea's Trading Partners, Banks - September 21st, 2017
- Catalan Officials: Police Raids Are a Blow to Referendum - September 21st, 2017
- Russia Warns It Would Retaliate Against US Forces in Syria If Provoked - September 21st, 2017