Wounded in 2004, Army specialist Mike Helms’ struggles to obtain proper treatment for his injuries and the PTSD he suffered afterwards turned him to whistle-blowing, reporting on his shabby treatment to Congress, to major newspapers, even taken his case to the White House.
Of course its no real secret that the US military doesn’t take kindly to people reporting on their nominally secret shortcomings, and the Inspector General is now reporting that the Army took revenge against Helms, first revoking his security clearance then suspending him definitely without pay. Finally, in November 2009, they fired him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition Offers Plan to 'Protect' Hodeidah as Civilians Flee - June 22nd, 2018
- Taliban Kill Four, Kidnap Scores in Southern Afghanistan Raid - June 22nd, 2018
- US, Afghan Forces Killed Over 160 ISIS in Three-Week Offensive - June 22nd, 2018
- North and South Korea Agree to New Round of Family Reunions - June 22nd, 2018
- Hamas Negotiating 'Comprehensive Deal' for Truce With Israel - June 22nd, 2018