Wounded in 2004, Army specialist Mike Helms’ struggles to obtain proper treatment for his injuries and the PTSD he suffered afterwards turned him to whistle-blowing, reporting on his shabby treatment to Congress, to major newspapers, even taken his case to the White House.
Of course its no real secret that the US military doesn’t take kindly to people reporting on their nominally secret shortcomings, and the Inspector General is now reporting that the Army took revenge against Helms, first revoking his security clearance then suspending him definitely without pay. Finally, in November 2009, they fired him.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Despite Assurances, Legality of Trump Nuclear Strike May Not Matter - November 22nd, 2017
- Israeli Forces Demolish Brand New Family Home in East Jerusalem - November 22nd, 2017
- East Ukraine in Turmoil Amid Claimed 'Coup' in Luhansk - November 22nd, 2017
- US Asked for Saudis to Ease Yemen Blockade - November 22nd, 2017
- Local Afghan Leaders Protest Deadly US Strikes on 'Heroin Labs' - November 22nd, 2017