A suicide truck bomber targeted a NATO base in the Logar Province of Afghanistan today, killing at least 3 people and wounding 70 others in the Mohammad Agha District.
The attack was driving a truckload of explosives and detonated at the security checkpoint at the southern gate of the base. The explosion destroyed several nearby buildings, including a police station and a government office.
NATO termed the attack a “single attack” and it does not appear that there was the sort of subsequent strike that often accompanies such attacks. There was no indication that any of the casualties were NATO, though a number of Afghan police were wounded.
So far no group has claimed credit for the attack, but it came just days after the Pentagon claimed the capture of a top Haqqani Network leader in the Logar Province’s Pul-e Alam District.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017