According to Bradley Manning’s lawyer David E. Coombs, the US government is deliberately withholding evidence that the defense has requested during discovery, including evidence that could be favorable to Manning’s case.
According to Coombs, this includes internal government reports which contradict one another about the leaks and reports which were never released but publicly downplayed the “damage” done by the leaks Manning is accused of. The later could be used to prevent the government’s witnesses from claiming the damage was broader than the official reports indicate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least 100 Syrian Civilians in Raqqa in 48 Hours - August 22nd, 2017
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017