A former British ambassador to Lebanon has met with a number of members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), and British Foreign Minister William Hague is planning to host meetings with other top exiles next week, in a sign the British government is hoping to establish ties with whatever faction may emerge in the wake of Bashar Assad’s regime in Syria.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018