A former British ambassador to Lebanon has met with a number of members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), and British Foreign Minister William Hague is planning to host meetings with other top exiles next week, in a sign the British government is hoping to establish ties with whatever faction may emerge in the wake of Bashar Assad’s regime in Syria.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least 100 Syrian Civilians in Raqqa in 48 Hours - August 22nd, 2017
- Palestinian Authority Threatens to Cut All Gaza Funds - August 21st, 2017
- Report: ISIS Attacks Grew in 2016, Despite Shrinking Territory - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Promises to 'Deal With Pakistan' on Afghan War - August 21st, 2017
- Trump Declares Open-Ended War in Afghanistan - August 21st, 2017