A former British ambassador to Lebanon has met with a number of members of the Syrian National Council (SNC), and British Foreign Minister William Hague is planning to host meetings with other top exiles next week, in a sign the British government is hoping to establish ties with whatever faction may emerge in the wake of Bashar Assad’s regime in Syria.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017