A new Gallup study released today reveals that the number of Afghan civilians who are considered to be “suffering” under the current NATO occupation has grown significantly in just the past year, with some 30 percent now suffering from 23 percent a year ago. Perhaps the more damning figure, however, is that the number of Afghans “thriving” under the current regime is only 4 percent now, a huge drop from the 12 percent estimate last year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Airstrikes Destroy Yemeni Air Force - March 29th, 2015
- Arab League to Create Joint Military Force to Fight Iran - March 29th, 2015
- Saudi Coalition Rejects Diplomacy, Readies Long War in Yemen - March 29th, 2015
- 38 Killed as Yemen's Houthis Clash with Tribesmen in Oil Rich South - March 29th, 2015
- As Iran Deal Nears, Israel Steps Up Efforts to Sabotage It - March 29th, 2015