A new Gallup study released today reveals that the number of Afghan civilians who are considered to be “suffering” under the current NATO occupation has grown significantly in just the past year, with some 30 percent now suffering from 23 percent a year ago. Perhaps the more damning figure, however, is that the number of Afghans “thriving” under the current regime is only 4 percent now, a huge drop from the 12 percent estimate last year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Sends Coffins, Flags to DMZ to Receive War Remains From North Korea - June 24th, 2018
- Iraqi Cleric Sadr Forms Political Alliance With PM Abadi - June 24th, 2018
- Judges Limit Iraq Vote Recount to 'Suspect' Ballots - June 24th, 2018
- Pentagon Indefinitely Suspends More War Games With South Korea - June 24th, 2018
- US Won't Intervene as Syria Strikes Rebels in Southwest - June 24th, 2018