A new Gallup study released today reveals that the number of Afghan civilians who are considered to be “suffering” under the current NATO occupation has grown significantly in just the past year, with some 30 percent now suffering from 23 percent a year ago. Perhaps the more damning figure, however, is that the number of Afghans “thriving” under the current regime is only 4 percent now, a huge drop from the 12 percent estimate last year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition to Open Humanitarian Corridors Out of Yemen's Hodeidah Port - September 24th, 2018
- Trump Expects Announcement of Second Summit With North Korea 'Pretty Soon' - September 24th, 2018
- US Troops Will Remain in Syria, Officials Say - September 24th, 2018
- Bolton Slams Russia, Says S-300 Sale in Syria Is 'Significant Escalation' - September 24th, 2018
- Russia Will Provide S-300 Air Defense to Syria - September 24th, 2018