A new Gallup study released today reveals that the number of Afghan civilians who are considered to be “suffering” under the current NATO occupation has grown significantly in just the past year, with some 30 percent now suffering from 23 percent a year ago. Perhaps the more damning figure, however, is that the number of Afghans “thriving” under the current regime is only 4 percent now, a huge drop from the 12 percent estimate last year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Obama Team: We Can Badly Damage Russian Economy - March 11th, 2014
- Saudis to Qatar: Close al-Jazeera or Face Blockade - March 11th, 2014
- Al-Qaeda Faction Executes 22 in Syria, Including Rival Rebels - March 11th, 2014
- West Plans Major New Rebel Offensive in Southern Syria - March 11th, 2014
- Anti-Aircraft Missiles Still Pouring Out of Libya - March 11th, 2014