A new Gallup study released today reveals that the number of Afghan civilians who are considered to be “suffering” under the current NATO occupation has grown significantly in just the past year, with some 30 percent now suffering from 23 percent a year ago. Perhaps the more damning figure, however, is that the number of Afghans “thriving” under the current regime is only 4 percent now, a huge drop from the 12 percent estimate last year.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Slams Russia's Missile Sales to Syria - May 17th, 2013
- Nine Killed, 70 Wounded in Bombings Near Kandahar - May 17th, 2013
- Envoy: Russia May Deploy Troops to Tajik-Afghan Border - May 17th, 2013
- Pentagon in Afghan Budget Crisis, Seeks to Shift $10 Billion in Funds - May 17th, 2013
- Nigeria Launching Massive Offensive Against Boko Haram - May 17th, 2013