A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Crossing, Aims to Cut Kobani Off From Reinforcements - October 25th, 2014
- Kurds Hype ISIS Threats With Eye on US Escalation - October 24th, 2014
- In Kobani, Kurds See War of Attrition - October 24th, 2014
- Rebels Urge US Intervention as Syrian Forces Near Aleppo - October 24th, 2014
- Pentagon: Iraq Won't Attempt to Retake Mosul for a Year - October 24th, 2014