A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Capture of Iraq's Amerli Fuels Fear of Revenge Killings - September 1st, 2014
- Vaunted 'Secular Rebels' Annoyed They Are Left Out of US Plans for Syria - September 1st, 2014
- Ukraine Hypes 'Great War': 'Worst Since WW2' - September 1st, 2014
- Tripoli Falls: Libya No Longer Controls Most Government Buildings - September 1st, 2014
- Afghan Power-Sharing Talks Collapse as Karzai Retires - September 1st, 2014