A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Before Failed Rescue, US Was Asking Around About Hostages - August 22nd, 2014
- As War Escalates, Obama Makes ISIS 'Enemy Number One' - August 22nd, 2014
- FBI Admits: No Credible Threats to US From ISIS - August 22nd, 2014
- NATO Reiterates Claims of 'Alarming' Russia Build-up Near Ukraine - August 22nd, 2014
- Sunni MPs End Govt Talks After Shi'ite Militia Carries Out Massacre - August 22nd, 2014