A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Aims to Build Smaller New Iraqi 'Vanguard' Force to Fight ISIS - November 27th, 2014
- Taliban Stages Multiple Attacks Across Afghan Capital - November 27th, 2014
- Arguments, Shortages Slow NATO's 'Rapid Reaction' Force in East Europe - November 27th, 2014
- Kashmir Militant Attack on Indian Soldiers Leaves 11 Dead - November 27th, 2014
- US 'Vigilant' Over Lack of Terror Chatter for Thanksgiving - November 27th, 2014