A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Estimates 50,000 ISIS Fighters Killed in Just Over Two Years - December 8th, 2016
- US Navy Refuses Pentagon Orders to Budget for Spending Cuts - December 8th, 2016
- ISIS Kills Dozens, Nears Syrian City of Palmyra - December 8th, 2016
- Human Rights Watch: US May Be Complicit in Saudi War Crimes in Yemen - December 8th, 2016
- No Evidence, But Pentagon Tries to Convince Turkey Iran Killed Their Troops - December 8th, 2016