A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Powers Open to 'Grand Coalition' Against ISIS - November 26th, 2015
- Russia, France Agree to Increased Cooperation Against ISIS - November 26th, 2015
- Turkey Masses Tanks on Syria Border Amid Rising Russia Tensions - November 26th, 2015
- Final IAEA Report Unlikely to Resolve Questions on Iran - November 26th, 2015
- Erdogan: Russian Plane Downed Defending 'Our Brothers in Syria' - November 25th, 2015