A new study on US veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan found that 1,868 attempted suicide in 2009 alone, on average one every 80 minutes. Large numbers are dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as well as struggling to return to civilian life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran Urges New Yemeni Govt, Offers Help in Transition - April 13th, 2015
- US Expands Role in Saudi Arabia's War on Yemen - April 13th, 2015
- Taliban Kills 18 Afghan Troops in Northeast, Eight Beheaded - April 13th, 2015
- US Court Sentences Blackwater Guards Over 2007 Baghdad Massacre - April 13th, 2015
- Iran, Israel Cooperating in Nuclear Test Ban Monitoring - April 13th, 2015