Obama Told Some in Congress in 'Early September'
Though they once again offered the American public no actual evidence as to why, a number of Congressmen and Senators appeared on Sunday news shows today to assure everyone that they believe the DC assassination plot was “very real.”
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D – CA) claimed President Obama informed her of the plot in early September, which is interesting since it didn’t get reported to the public until last week. She said it proved the US was on a “collision course” with Iran.
Which suits Rep. Mike Rogers (R – MI) just fine. The hawkish southern Michigan representative insisted it was important to keep the idea of attacking Iran “on the table” as a way of punishing them. Of course the US was already threatening to attack Iran on a fairly regular basis, so it is unclear how this would be a change.
Most experts are still scoffing at the plot, saying it is extremely improbable that Iran would orchestrate a terror attack by calling someone’s bumbling cousin in Texas to see if he knew any Mexican drug lords who wanted to kill a Saudi ambassador. The Iranian government likewise continues to deny any involvement.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- EU Braces for Influx of ISIS Fighters After Mosul Offensive - October 23rd, 2016
- Obama Backs Away From Plans to Further Arm CIA-Backed Rebels in Syria - October 23rd, 2016
- Iraq PM: Thanks but No Thanks on Turkish Help in Mosul - October 23rd, 2016
- US Warns Worst Is Yet to Come in Battle for Mosul - October 23rd, 2016
- Syrian Kurds Fire on Rebel-Held Jarabulus as Turkey Continues to Attack Them - October 23rd, 2016