In a move the White House attributed to WikiLeaks, President Obama today signed a new executive order aimed at making the government even more secretive with classified data, nominally “to enhance our national security.” The order calls for the creation of new committees, offices and task forces that will each be doing something to that end. The details are spotty at best, and given the nature of the order it is likely that the American public is not meant to know the full details.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018
- Days After Summit, Russia Announced New Missile, Laser Tests - July 19th, 2018
- US General: No Major Changes Expected in Afghan Strategy Review - July 19th, 2018
- US Struggles to Find Destinations for ISIS Detainees in Syria - July 18th, 2018
- Syrian Rebel City of Nawa Surrenders After Intense Airstrikes - July 18th, 2018