In a move the White House attributed to WikiLeaks, President Obama today signed a new executive order aimed at making the government even more secretive with classified data, nominally “to enhance our national security.” The order calls for the creation of new committees, offices and task forces that will each be doing something to that end. The details are spotty at best, and given the nature of the order it is likely that the American public is not meant to know the full details.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017