In a move the White House attributed to WikiLeaks, President Obama today signed a new executive order aimed at making the government even more secretive with classified data, nominally “to enhance our national security.” The order calls for the creation of new committees, offices and task forces that will each be doing something to that end. The details are spotty at best, and given the nature of the order it is likely that the American public is not meant to know the full details.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017