In a move the White House attributed to WikiLeaks, President Obama today signed a new executive order aimed at making the government even more secretive with classified data, nominally “to enhance our national security.” The order calls for the creation of new committees, offices and task forces that will each be doing something to that end. The details are spotty at best, and given the nature of the order it is likely that the American public is not meant to know the full details.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017