Not much about Libya’s future is certain. Whether the fighting will continue, whether Gadhafi will reemerge, whether refugees will be cared for, whether the National Transitional Council will be able to extend its authority over Libya, whether their domestic plans are constructive or not – answers to these questions and more are certainly not obvious. But they are most crucial for the Western countries that picked sides in this civil war; they are the ones who will foot the bill and introduce new military missions if stability spirals into deadly chaos.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013