According to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey and the United States have agreed in principle to allow the deployment of drones from Turkish soil to be used for surveillance against the Kurdish rebel forces near the Iraqi border. The US has been keen to make such a deal to ensure a US presence after December’s nominally “end” to the Iraq occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017