According to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey and the United States have agreed in principle to allow the deployment of drones from Turkish soil to be used for surveillance against the Kurdish rebel forces near the Iraqi border. The US has been keen to make such a deal to ensure a US presence after December’s nominally “end” to the Iraq occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017
- Al-Jazeera Slams Saudi Demand to Shut Them Down - June 23rd, 2017
- United Arab Emirates 'Won't Back Down' if Qatar Doesn't Submit to Demands - June 23rd, 2017
- Saudis Issue Broad List of Demands to Qatar - June 23rd, 2017
- Multiple Bombings Kill 47 Across Pakistan - June 23rd, 2017