According to Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Turkey and the United States have agreed in principle to allow the deployment of drones from Turkish soil to be used for surveillance against the Kurdish rebel forces near the Iraqi border. The US has been keen to make such a deal to ensure a US presence after December’s nominally “end” to the Iraq occupation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kills Dozens of Afghan Forces in Attacks on Checkpoints - October 14th, 2018
- Bombing Kills 22 at Afghanistan Election Rally - October 14th, 2018
- Israel to Expand Settlement in Hebron, First Time in 16 Years - October 14th, 2018
- Syria's Al-Qaeda Will Accept Idlib Deal - October 14th, 2018
- South Korea President: North Korea Leader Sincere, Should Be Rewarded - October 14th, 2018