A report from hawkish House Republicans has put the size of military spending cuts over the next decade, assuming that there is no budget deal, at $1 trillion. Though this would still leave the US with the largest military on the planet by far, it was immediately cited as a reason to avoid the cuts.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Yemeni Forces Stop Houthis Attempt to Reopen Hodeidah Supply Route - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Threatens to Send Military to Close Border With Mexico - October 18th, 2018
- US Opposes Koreas' New No-Fly Zone Plans - October 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Bans US Aid Groups From North Korea - October 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker: Trump Must End Intel Clampdown on Khashoggi - October 18th, 2018