A report from hawkish House Republicans has put the size of military spending cuts over the next decade, assuming that there is no budget deal, at $1 trillion. Though this would still leave the US with the largest military on the planet by far, it was immediately cited as a reason to avoid the cuts.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017