A chance to look back on another war that didn’t need to happen, we are told by the last foreign minister of pre-occupation Afghanistan that the government repeatedly offered to “resolve the Osama issue” before 9/11 by offering to arrest him and present him for trial at an international court for his role in attacks on US facilities in the 1990s. The US refused.
Former CIA official Robert Grenier confirmed the offers, but said the US was not interested because they considered the offers “a ploy.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017
- North Korea Sees Planned US-South Korea Wargames as 'Catastrophe' - August 18th, 2017