A chance to look back on another war that didn’t need to happen, we are told by the last foreign minister of pre-occupation Afghanistan that the government repeatedly offered to “resolve the Osama issue” before 9/11 by offering to arrest him and present him for trial at an international court for his role in attacks on US facilities in the 1990s. The US refused.
Former CIA official Robert Grenier confirmed the offers, but said the US was not interested because they considered the offers “a ploy.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017
- Pentagon May Stop Training Iraqis Amid Kurdish Conflict - October 17th, 2017
- Kurdish Forces Abandon Territory In Face of Iraqi Offensive - October 17th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Declare Victory in Raqqa, But Face Complicated Peace - October 17th, 2017