A chance to look back on another war that didn’t need to happen, we are told by the last foreign minister of pre-occupation Afghanistan that the government repeatedly offered to “resolve the Osama issue” before 9/11 by offering to arrest him and present him for trial at an international court for his role in attacks on US facilities in the 1990s. The US refused.
Former CIA official Robert Grenier confirmed the offers, but said the US was not interested because they considered the offers “a ploy.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018
- Trump, Kim Summit Likely to Be Held in DMZ Village - March 19th, 2018
- Afghan Special Forces Slaughter Farmers in Chaotic Errant Attack - March 19th, 2018