A chance to look back on another war that didn’t need to happen, we are told by the last foreign minister of pre-occupation Afghanistan that the government repeatedly offered to “resolve the Osama issue” before 9/11 by offering to arrest him and present him for trial at an international court for his role in attacks on US facilities in the 1990s. The US refused.
Former CIA official Robert Grenier confirmed the offers, but said the US was not interested because they considered the offers “a ploy.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018
- Days After Summit, Russia Announced New Missile, Laser Tests - July 19th, 2018
- US General: No Major Changes Expected in Afghan Strategy Review - July 19th, 2018
- US Struggles to Find Destinations for ISIS Detainees in Syria - July 18th, 2018