Abdulhakim Belhaj, a key rebel military commander whose group has been trying to overthrow Gadhafi since the 1990s, reported in an interview today that he was captured by the CIA in 2004 and tortured in custody. The self-described Islamist is now a key NATO ally but insists he still hopes to take legal action for his abuse at the hands of the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Egypt Conducts Airstrikes in Sinai After Mosque Attack - November 24th, 2017
- Diplomats: Trump 'Fed Up' With Netanyahu Dismissing Peace Efforts - November 24th, 2017
- Observatory Estimates 340,000 Killed in Syrian War - November 24th, 2017
- Pentagon to Admit to 2,000 Troops in Syria, Number Likely Far Higher - November 24th, 2017
- Five Ukrainian Soldiers Killed in Fighting Near Restive Luhansk - November 24th, 2017