Abdulhakim Belhaj, a key rebel military commander whose group has been trying to overthrow Gadhafi since the 1990s, reported in an interview today that he was captured by the CIA in 2004 and tortured in custody. The self-described Islamist is now a key NATO ally but insists he still hopes to take legal action for his abuse at the hands of the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- House Armed Services Committee Advances $640 Billion Military Spending Bill - June 22nd, 2017
- US Navy's Missile Intercept Test Fails - June 22nd, 2017
- South Korea President: US Was Only Supposed to Install One Missile Defense Launcher This Year - June 22nd, 2017
- Car Bomb Hits Afghanistan, 34 Dead, 60 Wounded - June 22nd, 2017
- US Under Pressure to Accept North Korea Nuclear Freeze Deal - June 21st, 2017