Abdulhakim Belhaj, a key rebel military commander whose group has been trying to overthrow Gadhafi since the 1990s, reported in an interview today that he was captured by the CIA in 2004 and tortured in custody. The self-described Islamist is now a key NATO ally but insists he still hopes to take legal action for his abuse at the hands of the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mattis: ISIS Leader Baghdadi Still Alive - July 21st, 2017
- Syrian Jihadists Reach Truce Deal After Week of Infighting - July 21st, 2017
- North Korea Snubs South's Offer of Military Talks - July 21st, 2017
- US Withholds Money Owed to Pakistan Over Haqqani Network - July 21st, 2017
- Top US General Told Kurdish YPG to 'Change Its Brand' - July 21st, 2017