Abdulhakim Belhaj, a key rebel military commander whose group has been trying to overthrow Gadhafi since the 1990s, reported in an interview today that he was captured by the CIA in 2004 and tortured in custody. The self-described Islamist is now a key NATO ally but insists he still hopes to take legal action for his abuse at the hands of the CIA.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition to Open Humanitarian Corridors Out of Yemen's Hodeidah Port - September 24th, 2018
- Trump Expects Announcement of Second Summit With North Korea 'Pretty Soon' - September 24th, 2018
- US Troops Will Remain in Syria, Officials Say - September 24th, 2018
- Bolton Slams Russia, Says S-300 Sale in Syria Is 'Significant Escalation' - September 24th, 2018
- Russia Will Provide S-300 Air Defense to Syria - September 24th, 2018