In the latest sign that the Mexican government is dramatically losing its US-backed war on drugs, former President Vicente Fox today called for the nation to agree to a full truce with the nation’s drug cartels, along with an offer of amnesty for crimes committed.
Previous calls for a truce from other figures have been angrily condemned by the current government, which insists all the cartel members must be arrested. The fact that they have no way of actually doing this appears not to have phased them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkish Army: 29 PKK killed in Strikes on Northern Iraq - December 11th, 2017
- Putin Declares Victory on Surprise Syria Visit, Announces Partial Pullout - December 11th, 2017
- Pentagon Officials See at Least Two More Years of Somalia Combat - December 10th, 2017
- Worldwide Protests Continue Over Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 10th, 2017
- Jerusalem Protests Continue Across Palestine - December 10th, 2017