In the latest sign that the Mexican government is dramatically losing its US-backed war on drugs, former President Vicente Fox today called for the nation to agree to a full truce with the nation’s drug cartels, along with an offer of amnesty for crimes committed.
Previous calls for a truce from other figures have been angrily condemned by the current government, which insists all the cartel members must be arrested. The fact that they have no way of actually doing this appears not to have phased them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018
- Trump-Putin Summit Ends With Talk of Cooperation, Lawmakers Furious - July 16th, 2018
- Gaza Ceasefire Largely Holding After Weekend Flareup - July 15th, 2018
- US Officials Say Trainer Policies May Change After Afghan Insider Attack - July 15th, 2018
- Israel Attacks Airbase Outside Northern Syrian City of Aleppo - July 15th, 2018