In the latest sign that the Mexican government is dramatically losing its US-backed war on drugs, former President Vicente Fox today called for the nation to agree to a full truce with the nation’s drug cartels, along with an offer of amnesty for crimes committed.
Previous calls for a truce from other figures have been angrily condemned by the current government, which insists all the cartel members must be arrested. The fact that they have no way of actually doing this appears not to have phased them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Over 170 Casualties in Afghan Election Attacks - October 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018