In the latest sign that the Mexican government is dramatically losing its US-backed war on drugs, former President Vicente Fox today called for the nation to agree to a full truce with the nation’s drug cartels, along with an offer of amnesty for crimes committed.
Previous calls for a truce from other figures have been angrily condemned by the current government, which insists all the cartel members must be arrested. The fact that they have no way of actually doing this appears not to have phased them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New Cyberattack Using NSA Exploit Spreads Across the World - June 27th, 2017
- US Attacks ISIS Prison, Killing Dozens of Civilians - June 27th, 2017
- Pentagon, State Dept 'Clueless' on Trump's Assad Allegation - June 27th, 2017
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017