In the latest sign that the Mexican government is dramatically losing its US-backed war on drugs, former President Vicente Fox today called for the nation to agree to a full truce with the nation’s drug cartels, along with an offer of amnesty for crimes committed.
Previous calls for a truce from other figures have been angrily condemned by the current government, which insists all the cartel members must be arrested. The fact that they have no way of actually doing this appears not to have phased them.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017