At least 10 people were killed today and at least three others wounded, all but two said to be locals, in a pair of US drone strikes against the North Waziristan Agency of Pakistan. One of the attacks destroyed a house while the other hit a vehicle on the road.
Pakistani officials say that all of those slain in the attacks are officially being classified as “suspects,” though they admitted to having no names yet and have no evidence that any “high value” targets were among the slain.
At east four US drones were involved in the attacks and at least three missiles were fired in the attacks, the latest in an ever rising number of US strikes against Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
The latest attack came just hours after Secretary of Defense Robert Gates lamented that the Pakistani invasion of North Waziristan, something the US has long demanded, is being delayed by the massive flooding across the nation. He would not rule out the US invading the region themselves, but said at the moment it was unlikely.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey Will Expel All Kurds From Border Unless Deal Reached With US - March 22nd, 2018
- Pentagon: Nukes Will Be Useless Without New Plutonium Cores - March 22nd, 2018
- State Dept. Announces $1 Billion in New Arms Sales to Saudis - March 22nd, 2018
- Mattis Says Saudis 'Part of the Solution' in Yemen - March 22nd, 2018
- Saudi Airstrike Kills at Least 10 Civilians in Northern Yemen - March 22nd, 2018