Pakistan’s government says today that it will be launching another massive military offensive, this time against the Orakzai Agency, beginning next week.
Pakistani Prime Minister Yousef Raza Gilani hinted at the Orakzai invasion in December, as the South Waziristan invasion netted few leaders of note and Orakzai locals reported a massive influx of Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) members moving in from neighboring Waziristan.
The Northwest Frontier Province (NWFP), which neighbors Orakzai, has announced it will renew registration of refugees from the region, as well as the Kurram Agency, which the government has declared a “conflict zone.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018