Pakistan’s government says today that it will be launching another massive military offensive, this time against the Orakzai Agency, beginning next week.
Pakistani Prime Minister Yousef Raza Gilani hinted at the Orakzai invasion in December, as the South Waziristan invasion netted few leaders of note and Orakzai locals reported a massive influx of Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) members moving in from neighboring Waziristan.
The Northwest Frontier Province (NWFP), which neighbors Orakzai, has announced it will renew registration of refugees from the region, as well as the Kurram Agency, which the government has declared a “conflict zone.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017