Pakistan’s government says today that it will be launching another massive military offensive, this time against the Orakzai Agency, beginning next week.
Pakistani Prime Minister Yousef Raza Gilani hinted at the Orakzai invasion in December, as the South Waziristan invasion netted few leaders of note and Orakzai locals reported a massive influx of Tehreek-e Taliban Pakistan (TTP) members moving in from neighboring Waziristan.
The Northwest Frontier Province (NWFP), which neighbors Orakzai, has announced it will renew registration of refugees from the region, as well as the Kurram Agency, which the government has declared a “conflict zone.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump: Afghan War Decisions Made - August 19th, 2017
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017