Netanyahu reportedly met with Mossad Chief Meir Dagan and was briefed about the plan to kill Hamas commander Mabhouh during a visit to a Dubai hotel. Reportedly the hit squad had used a hotel in Tel Aviv as a “training ground” to practice infiltration.
Controversy over the killing has grown amid revelations that the hit squad used stolen passport data from Israelis with joint British citizenship as cover. Israel has officially taken a position of “ambiguity” on the killing.
Dubai police have sought the arrest of Dagan for his role in the killing, but have also raised the prospect of seeking an international arrest warrant against Netanyahu for signing off on the assassination.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018