Netanyahu reportedly met with Mossad Chief Meir Dagan and was briefed about the plan to kill Hamas commander Mabhouh during a visit to a Dubai hotel. Reportedly the hit squad had used a hotel in Tel Aviv as a “training ground” to practice infiltration.
Controversy over the killing has grown amid revelations that the hit squad used stolen passport data from Israelis with joint British citizenship as cover. Israel has officially taken a position of “ambiguity” on the killing.
Dubai police have sought the arrest of Dagan for his role in the killing, but have also raised the prospect of seeking an international arrest warrant against Netanyahu for signing off on the assassination.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018