Netanyahu reportedly met with Mossad Chief Meir Dagan and was briefed about the plan to kill Hamas commander Mabhouh during a visit to a Dubai hotel. Reportedly the hit squad had used a hotel in Tel Aviv as a “training ground” to practice infiltration.
Controversy over the killing has grown amid revelations that the hit squad used stolen passport data from Israelis with joint British citizenship as cover. Israel has officially taken a position of “ambiguity” on the killing.
Dubai police have sought the arrest of Dagan for his role in the killing, but have also raised the prospect of seeking an international arrest warrant against Netanyahu for signing off on the assassination.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu: The Bible Proves Jerusalem Is Israel's Capital - December 11th, 2017
- ISIS Is Gone, But Iraq's Main Refinery Remains in Ruins - December 11th, 2017
- US-Backed Syrian Kurds, Iraqi Army Coordinate at Border - December 11th, 2017
- Iran FM Urges Europe to Preserve Nuclear Deal - December 11th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Shi'ite Cleric Urges Fighters to Disarm - December 11th, 2017