Netanyahu reportedly met with Mossad Chief Meir Dagan and was briefed about the plan to kill Hamas commander Mabhouh during a visit to a Dubai hotel. Reportedly the hit squad had used a hotel in Tel Aviv as a “training ground” to practice infiltration.
Controversy over the killing has grown amid revelations that the hit squad used stolen passport data from Israelis with joint British citizenship as cover. Israel has officially taken a position of “ambiguity” on the killing.
Dubai police have sought the arrest of Dagan for his role in the killing, but have also raised the prospect of seeking an international arrest warrant against Netanyahu for signing off on the assassination.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Catalans Rally at Barcelona Parliament, Push for Independence - October 21st, 2017
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017