The Palestinian death toll in the first 11 days of the Israeli attack on the Gaza Strip has soared to at least 635 and Israel continues to be unwilling to consider a truce or even acknowledge the growing humanitarian crisis among the strip’s 1.5 million residents.
Since the ground invasion began, the Israeli tanks have caused a large number of civilian deaths, firing seemingly indiscriminately at Gaza buildings. The military continues to insist that it is going to great pains to ensure it only targets Hamas, a claim that will be undermined by a new investigation.
An Israeli tank attacked a building last night in which they claim to have identified terrorists. The actual occupants: three Israeli soldiers are killed and 24 wounded in the attack. Hours later an Israeli shell hits another building, crushing another Israeli soldier under a collapsed wall.
As the invasion continues to escalate, more Israeli soldiers appear to have been killed by the Israeli military than by Hamas. Every report of a tank shell hitting a house full of children or a UN-run school is yet more damning evidence of the invaders’ shoot first, ask questions only if an Israeli soldier is killed attitude.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mattis Claims White House Threat to Syria 'Worked' - June 28th, 2017
- Saudis Demolish Historic Shi'ite Neighborhood, Sparking Unrest - June 27th, 2017
- Turkey, Kurdish Forces Trade Fire in North Syria's Afrin District - June 27th, 2017
- Mattis: US Will Keep Arming Syrian Kurds After Raqqa Falls - June 27th, 2017
- Russia: US Warning to Syria Is Unacceptable - June 27th, 2017