After an Indian MP demanded action, Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee declared that attacking Pakistan to “avenge the Mumbai terror attacks” was not a solution to the problem of cross-border terror. Minister Mukherjee said that his government has given Pakistan a list of 40 people it wants handed over.
This is the third time since last month’s Mumbai attacks that the Indian government has demanded Pakistan hand over people in connection with the attack. Mukherjee says “we have given them lists of 40 persons: not one, not 20… and we have pointed out that their denial is not going to resolve the issue.”
It is unclear who is on the latest list, but Pakistan has already arrested 22 people in a weekend raid on a relief camp. The Pakistani government has already ruled out handing those people over to the Indian government, and Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik says that while they will “extend full cooperation” to India, they have “not provided any evidence so far” that the latest suspects have done anything wrong.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018